Using the Service
How to use the export and publishing features
CLIP STUDIO Quick Manual
After launching, the "CLIP STUDIO START" screen will be displayed. Application and service information can be checked here.
Upon startup, choose whether to download additional materials from the cloud.
(Downloading may take some time to complete, depending on the connection status etc.)
Please download these at an appropriate time, following the instructions.
*Depending on your OS or version, the layout and functions may differ. Please update to the latest version.
(1) Application launcher
Starts the software. In the iOS version, "Return to PAINT" will be displayed, closing the "CLIP STUDIO" dialog after selection.
- Manage works
Check and manage your saved works, and sync to the cloud.
Displays a context menu to manage and control works via the (>) button of the displayed work.
* For more information about the cloud, please read the "User's Guide to the Cloud".
* On the Windows and macOS versions, if you double-click a work, the "Manage works" screen will display. You can use this to do the same operations as the context menu. You can also check exported data (Kindle format, EPUB data, fanzine data).
- Manage materials *Windows/macOS version only
Check and manage available materials. The displayed information is linked with the application's "Material Palette". Material catalogs can be managed as well.
*For information on material catalogs, refer to "Guide to Creating a Material Catalog" as well.
The following message may be displayed when editing materials: "Material database is being used right now, so this command cannot be executed. Please wait for a while and try it again."
This is displayed when materials are edited while the material is updating.
To solve this, try editing at a later time, or close all running CLIP STUDIO software and try again.
[ASSETS] "Acquire latest information" Button
The latest information on the displayed material (material catalog) will be retrieved from "CLIP STUDIO ASSETS".
An icon will be displayed when an update is available.
- Essential Tutorials
Official lessons and tutorials by Celsys to help you start creating your own comics and drawings, as well as discover techniques of professional artists.
- CLIP STUDIO ASSETS Find brushes & more
Download materials with "CLIP STUDIO ASSETS".
* With the Windows/macOS version it is possible to publish materials as well.
- CLIP STUDIO ASK Q&A community
Consult with other creators on "CLIP STUDIO ASK", the official Q&A community.
- CLIP STUDIO TIPS Learn & teach
Learn how to use the software, or teach and learn useful tips and tricks on "CLIP STUDIO TIPS".
- CLIP STUDIO SHARE Showcase your work
With Clip Studio SHARE, you can publish your comics and illustration albums in an online viewer for easy reading.
(4) Export/Publish *Windows/macOS version only
This section links to services and functions for printing and publishing your work.
(1) CLIP STUDIO Button
Displays the start-up screen.
(2) Login (Button displaying the user name when logging in)
Displays the menu related to CLIP STUDIO account information.
(3) Cloud bar
Shows used capacity of the cloud.
If you click this, the "Cloud" menu will display. You can use this menu to back up or restore application settings. For more information about the cloud, please read the "User's Guide to the Cloud".
* You cannot back up or recover application settings on the iPad version.
(4) Communication (left and right arrow icon)
Displays the status of any data transfer (upload/download) being executed.
(5) Announcements (bell icon)
Displays the notification menu for news, notifications etc.
(6) Settings (Gear icon)
Displays the settings menu. The menu varies depending on the OS.
- Location of Materials
Change the location of the local save folder (directory path) that stores material data.
- Download additional material now.
Some additional materials will only be downloaded as display data. This will download all data that has not yet been downloaded.
- Download additional material at launch.
Upon launching CLIP STUDIO, the program will search for and download any additional materials on the cloud.
- Change Background Image of Start Screen
You can change the background image of work history that shows on the start screen when you launch the program.
- Maintenance menu
Restores settings, repairs damaged data, etc.
* Generally, please execute only when instructions are given via the support or manual etc.
- Organize Works
If a work's data stored in "Manage works" > "This device" becomes corrupted, you can try to recover or restore it.
If successful, "This device" will display as normal. If unsuccessful, an error message will pop up.
- Organize Work Labels
If a label stored in "Manage works" > "This device" becomes corrupted, you can try to recover or restore it.
- Organize Materials
Restores and repairs materials when the material information data etc. displayed in the "Manage materials" menu is corrupted.
If successful, the "Manage materials" menu will be displayed normally; if it fails, an error message will be displayed.
* When organizing, "Reset additional materials" will not be executed.
- Organize Material Folders
Restores and repairs folders displayed in the "Manage materials" menu when they are corrupted.
- Reset additional materials
Reset/restore materials that were installed with the installer then deleted or additional materials that were downloaded from the cloud.
- Clear Display Settings of Confirmation Dialog
If executed when the "Do not show again" option is selected, those setting will be cancelled and turned off.
- Do not send anonymous usage log
CLIP STUDIO may acquire usage logs for research (information that could identify an individual are never included).
When this setting is ON, usage logs will not be sent.
- Adjust the display size if the screen display is too large
If the text or images are too large and can't fit on the screen, check this box.
- Set Kindle preview tool...
You can change the directory path for the installed Kindle preview tool.
iOS Version (iPad Version)
(7) Help (? Icon)
Displays help information.