15 lucky people who submit their Tips in December will be randomly chosen to get 2,000 Clippy!
This month’s themes
Take more time to workshop your article over two months
Drawing perfect lines for beginners
Explain your tips and effective ways to practice drawing lines using Clip Studio Paint for beginners not used to drawing digitally. Share your recommended brushes, pen pressure settings, and other Clip Studio Paint features!
Surprising Clip Studio Paint Features
Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by features you didn’t know about in Clip Studio Paint? Let us know! Or, how about sharing the features of Clip Studio Paint that you wish you knew about earlier?
Scenes with Illuminations
The holidays are an enjoyable time for cities to sparkle and shine with illuminations and lanterns. Share how to draw joyful scenes of sparkling cities by using Clip Studio Paint and Clip Studio Assets.
Featuring a total prize pool of US$10,000!
US$900 per winnerMax. 20 winners
US$700 per winnerMax. 8 winners
US$300 per winnerMax. 20 winners
3,000 GOLD per winnerMax. 60 winners
We’ll select the best tips on these holiday themes and give out prizes from the fabulous US$20,000 prize pool! The winning entries will be announced on our awards page in mid-February.
- Tips with embedded YouTube videos will be eligible for Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards.
- Cash prizes will be sent to the winners’ PayPal or bank accounts. Transfer fees will be paid by Celsys, but any fees incurred in withdrawing the prize from the winners’ account will be borne by the recipient.
- The maximum number of winners is the total across entries in all languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Post early to up your chances! 15 people will be randomly chosen to get 2,000 Clippy
15 lucky people who submit their Tips by the end of December will be randomly chosen to get 2,000 Clippy!
- Clippy will be distributed to each winner’s Clip Studio Account Clippy Wallet by the end of February.
- We will announce the winners after we finish distributing the Clippy rewards.
- All inquiries about entries will be from our official Celsys account on Clip Studio Profile.
How to Enter
Tag the contest to enter!
Add the contest tag and relevant theme tag to your entry to put it in the running for this month’s Tips of the Month contest!
Edit your Clip Studio Account profile
Add a profile picture and at least one link to a website or social media profile to your account. Accounts that do not fulfill these requirements will not be eligible for prizes. Edit your Clip Studio Account here:
If you want to post with an attached YouTube video.
#ClipStudioTips2024 tag and a link to Clip Studio Tips (https://tips.clip-studio.com/) in your YouTube video description.
Also, make sure that the visibility of your video is set to “Public” when you publish it. “Unlisted” videos are not eligible for prizes. *Note: Video submission is not required.
Tips of the Month tag
LinesforBeginners, SurprisingCSPfeatures, Illuminations
- Explain how to use Clip Studio Paint using your own words and examples in line with one of the themes of the month.
- You must fulfill all of the requirements detailed under “How to Enter.”
- New Tips posted during the entry period are eligible. Tips that were originally posted before the entry period begins are not eligible.
- Tips must be written in one of the following languages.
English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese (Traditional)
- Entries in English, French, Spanish, or German must be a minimum of 200 words long.
- So that beginners can easily follow along, be sure to include screenshots of Clip Studio Paint as necessary.
Make sure to include at least two screenshots, images, or videos to your guide.
- Celsys and its affiliates reserve the right to make use of images and text content of prize-winning Tips to promote Clip Studio Paint.
- Winners will be announced the month following the month entered.
- Please note that we are unable to provide comment on why certain entries are/were not awarded.
- You may use the Clip Studio Paint logo in images for articles posted on Clip Studio Tips.
Please note that use of the logo (or lack thereof) will have no impact on Tips of the Month judging.
When using the Clip Studio Paint logo, please:
- do not alter the logo in any way, including changing the aspect ratio or dimensions, altering the color or adding shadows, gradients, or patterns, or cropping, flipping, or inverting the logo.
- do not use the logo in a way that could cause your article to be mistaken for an official Clip Studio Paint article.
Tips for creating good Tips!
- Publish early to maximize your view count and likes. Make sure you publish your entry as soon as possible because view counts and the number of likes are considered when selecting winners.
- The first image in your article will be used as the article’s thumbnail image. Choose something that stands out - something that will catch the viewer’s eye! (YouTube videos cannot be used as thumbnail images. Please upload one separately.)
- In-image text does not contribute to your word count.
- Please only include images that you own. Tutorials with copyrighted content are not eligible.
Copyrighted material cannot be posted to Tips. This includes images of manga, anime, game characters, and derivative works such as fanfiction and fanzines.
This also includes stock photo images. Take a look at the Clip Studio Tips Help page and Posting and Behavioral Guidelines before you post your Tip.
- For Tips with embedded YouTube videos:
- If you participate with a Youtube video, please present the theme you chose at the beginning of the video.
- Videos should be at least five minutes long. Add narration, background music, and subtitles to your video to make them more engaging.
- For background music and images used in videos, make sure you check YouTube’s rules first on what you can and cannot use.
- When posting as part of an article, be sure to go to Category > Process and check the “Video TIPS” box.
Past Winning Entries
- 1. Composition for Character Art
- 2. Practical Beginner Tips for Using Rulers
- 3. Drawing Reflections
- 1. How to Draw Using Simple Mode for Beginners
- 2. How to Make Animated Emotes
- 3. How to Draw Flowers
- 1. Pencil drawings in Clip Studio Paint
- 2. Favorite Layer Property palette feature
- 3. Prop design for fantasy drawings
- 1. How to Draw Hands
- 2. How to Use Color Mixing
- 3. Illustrations with Constellation Motifs
- 1. How to Draw Flames
- 2. How to Use the Text Tool
- 3. Tips for Drawing a Profile
- 1. How to add shadows in different settings
- 2. Using lens effects in illustrations
- 3. How to draw wings
- 1. Ideas for using Align and Distribute
- 2. Drawing dynamic poses
- 3. Anthropomorphism
- 1. Fantasy Backgrounds
- 2. Animating Magic Effects
- 1. How to draw trees and forests
- 2. Vector Layers for beginners
- 3. Fairytale-like illustrations
- 1. Starting your own WEBTOON
- 2. Drawing faces from different angles
- 1. Techniques for finishing works with blending modes
- 2. Festive feasts
- 1. Brush and Pen Customization 101
- 2. Flat design Illustration
- 1. Cute creatures
- 2. Handy 3D Primitive Hacks
- 3. Backgrounds to boost your characters
- 1. Drawing characters by generation
- 2. Recommended functions for the coloring process
- 3. Designing a cozy room
- 1. How to draw the weather
- 2. Beginner tips for using drawing figures
- 3. Animation
- 1. Drawing clothing textures
- 2. Time saving productivity hacks
- 3. How to draw sea creatures
- 1. How to draw legs and feet
- 2. Coloring techniques using color palettes
- 3. Drawing Ruins
- 1. Types of eyes
- 2. Gradient map
- 3. Creating profile icons
- 1. Light Expression & Techniques
- 2. Using Reference Layers
- 3. Lo-Fi Art
- 1. Drawing Flowers
- 2. Handy Uses for the Fill Tool
- 3. Brush Techniques for Concept Art
- 1. How to draw water
- 2. Using screentones
- 3. Animation for beginners
- 1. How to Draw Hair
- 2. Using the Liquify Tool
- 3. Combat Characters
- 1. Mouths, Lips, and Teeth
- 2. Layering for Beginners
- 3. Holiday Card Illustrations
- 1. How to draw Dragons
- 2. Blurring with Filters and Tools
- 3. Chalk and Pastel-style Art
- 1. How to Watercolor Digitally
- 2. Finger painting with your smartphone
- 3. Drawing Futuristic Cityscapes
- 1. WIP: Share your creative process!
- 2. Using file objects like a pro!
- 3. Techniques involving photos
- 1. Drawing All Sorts of Poses
- 2. How to Draw Vehicles
- 3. Pixel Art
- 1. How to Draw Jewelry & Accessories
- 2. Creating with Figure Tools
- 3. Using Photoshop Brushes
- 1. How to Draw Fantastic Creatures of the Dark
- 2. Drawing Backgrounds using 3D Materials
- 3. Interesting uses for Dual Brushes
- 1. How to Draw a Chibi
- 2. Animating your Art
- 3. Isometric Art Guides
- 1. How to Draw Landscapes
- 2. Using Transform Functions
- 3. Coloring Comics
- 1. Magic effects
- Optimal workspace
- 3. Lineless art
- 1. How to paint skin
- 2. Drawing backgrounds with perspective
- 3. Fashion design
- 1. Your favorite brush ASSETS
- 2. Animation using keyframes
- 3. Cyberpunk
- 1. Webtoon Techniques
- 2. Using Blending Modes
- 3. Concept Art Composition & Creation
- 1. Comic sound effects
- 2. Settings for printing in color
- 3. Portraits
- 1. Tricks for Lineart and Inking
- 2. Tips for the Smartphone and Tablet versions
- 3. Gothic Design
- 1. How to draw delicious food
- 2. Finishing techniques with correction layers
- 3. Humanoid robot design
- 1. Auto Action Tips
- 2. How to Draw the Sky
- 3. Retro Design
- 1. Techniques for Using Rulers & Special Rulers
- 2. Transparent Art
- 3. Fantasy Races
- 1. Hand gestures
- 2. Creating and using textured brushes
- 3. Original animations with sound
- 1. Colorize: automatic coloring techniques
- 2. How to draw work uniforms
- 3. Creating art with Curve tools
- 1. Design with text
- 2. Shading techniques
- 3. Emoticons & Stamps
- 1. Webtoon
- 2. Patterns & Motifs
- 3. Monochrome Art
- 1. Speed painting
- 2. How to use vector layers
- 3. How to draw flowers and plants
- 1. Eyes
- 2. Decoration brushes
- 3. Looping animations
- 1. Space and Scifi
- 2. Gradients
- 3. Seasons Greetings
- 1. Cities, Towns, and Buildings
- 2. Artistic Filter
- 3. Animals
- 1. Hairstyles
- 2. Masks
- 3. Oil Painting
- 1. Monsters & Creatures
- 2. Textures
- 3. Printed goods
- 1. Perspective Rulers
- 2. Pop Art
- 3. Mechanical Design
- 1. Effect Techniques
- 2. Costume Design for Fantasy Characters
- 3. Digital Hand Lettering & Line Art
- 1. Colored pencil drawing
- 2. Fantasy background
- 3. Concept art with 3D figures
- 1. ConceptArt
- 2. TraditionalStyle
- 3. CommercialDesign
CLIP STUDIO PAINT: Submit your Tips
Enjoy Creating More. Post your Clip Studio Paint art tips and hacks in line with this month’s themes to win part of the monthly US$10,000 prize pool!